Abundant Books

The blog of a self confessed book addict. Reviews and musing about what, where and how I read.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

How I Read


I am not one to read one book at a time. Unless I'm on holidays. Normally I'll have two or three books on the go at any one time. At the moment I have 'The Garden Book' by Brian Castro' in my work bag - I chose this book because I've decided to read all the books nominated for the Booker Prize this year. On my big lounge chair in my office at work I have 'The Historian' by Elizabeth Kostova, which I half read last year and haven't got back to. I am about to start 'Memoirs of a Geisha' by Arthur Golden as it is one chosen by the BRA Club (the reading group that I belong to). I have yet to see the film as I don't want to spoil the book. I'm going away this weekend, so intend to pick up something at Dymocks this afternoon to read in the car. I am also surrounded by books all day, being a Teacher Librarian, but I rarely read books from the library. I will more often buy a book for the library that I bought for myself, enjoyed and thought that some of my users would like.

3 Comments:

At 9:38 pm , Blogger Alita Pereira said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! Great choice of topic for you. I'll be looking forward to reading your reviews.

PS What a beautiful photo!

 
At 11:18 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Congo multi trip insurance Lipitor surfing Massachusetts auto insurance policy Adult bedroom sex stories young teens in bra and panties Coating office furniture exotic sweaters for women Collegiate+plastic+license+plate+frames+california Auto california club insurance southern Neurontin bruising Snorkel backpacks sofa bed glasgow Hotel krynica sauna basen Casio blood pressure watch Falls for olimpic ice dancing 2006 Broadband in 651 area code

 
At 5:24 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home